We at EditShare know you care about how your personal information is used and shared, and we take your privacy seriously. Please read the following to learn more about how we collect, store, use and disclose information about you when you interact or use our website(s), any related events, trade shows, sales or marketing, and/or if you use any of our products, services in any manner.
This policy sets out how we collect, store and process any personal information that we gather through our website, or that you provide to us directly. Please read this policy carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
By visiting the EditShare website and or providing your personal information to us, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, the data controller is x-edit (T/A EditShare EMEA), Clifton House, Basingstoke, RG21 7JE, United Kingdom.
Information we may collect about you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you provide to us
Information we collect about you
When you visit our website we may automatically collect information about your computer, including your IP address, information about your visit, your location, your browsing history, and how you use our website. This information may be combined with other information you provide to us, as described above.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and interests and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping
- to improve our products and services
- to send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- to contact you occasionally via email, phone, fax or mail
- to customise our website according to your interests
How we use your personal information
We use personal information about you in connection with the following purposes:
Fulfilling your requests:
- to provide you with news, information, products and services that you request from us
- to complete any transaction that you are undertaking with us
- to administer any promotion that you enter via our website
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- to provide you with information about goods or services that may interest you
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may interest you, which may be based on your activity on our website
Other service providers:
We may share your information with third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who we employ to perform tasks on our behalf. These companies include (for example) our logistics and courier companies, payment processing providers (e.g., Paypal), website analytics companies (e.g. Google Analytics), product feedback or help desk software providers (e.g. ZenDesk), CRM service providers (Pipedrive), email service providers (e.g. Mailchimp) and others.
Service Improvements and account management:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you
- to administer our site and for internal business administration and operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- to notify you about changes to our service and to send you service emails relating to your account
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure
- to manage and operate your account with us
Where we store your personal information
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or unchecking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting as part of our service as a technology provider.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679, you have a right to download, modify or delete personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, or believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.